Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We have Internet

I am glad the Internet back, it has been down since Saturday night. I will do my best to get you caught up to today (Tuesday).

Sunday morning we had two Churches to go to . First was Heal Africa and then to ARCHE.  At Heal Africa I spoke and Jenn, Terry, Nona and Jessica went and help with the kids.  By the pictures they had a lot of them to deal with.   I spoke on the Lord's Prayer as the foundation of our communication with God.

ARCHE is a church plant from Kinshasa and is becoming a large church on its own.  They have just built a new building and it is already full. Patrick and I were with Camille and go to the church before the rest.  The senior Pastor was out visiting a church they just planted so Camille was acting Pastor for the weekend. The music worship time was great, but difficult to sing along when all the songs are in French.  They did sing "His Love Endured Forever", so I sang along in English. During the worship time, the rest of the team arrive with Esther and Jessica came in holding two year old Flory. Flory has been adopted by friends of Camille & Esther and are waiting for the immigration documents to be approved.   When I got up to speak, I was about six feet higher than the congregation.  They built the stage up high so everyone would be able to see the pastor.  I spoke on Living for God and what it looks like to be different from the rest of the world.  Camille was teasing me earlier that I do not speak very long, so I asked God to give me a long message. About an hour after getting up to preach I sat down!  The team is wondering if I will be that long when I get home...time will tell.  Camille led the prayer time after the message and many raised their hands to accept Jesus for the first time.  They also were many that raised then hand to recommit their lives to Jesus.

A BBQ was plan for the afternoon and when we came home the food was already in process of being prepared.  Camille had invited some Americans that are living here and some other friends of theirs from other NGO's.  The food was fantastic as we sat outside over looking the lake.  The rain rolled in during our meal so we huddled under umbrellas and kept eating.  The rain did not last long and soon the sun was back out.  Flory hung out with us all afternoon. Esther thought it would be a good idea for him to hear English and start getting used to it.

We had a chance to call into church at the beginning of the Sunday morning service. I was great to hear the rest of the church and to give each one of is a chance to say hello to our larger family. After getting off the call, we where all a little sad but yet rejuvenated for our time hear. 

Patrick brought the game Catch Phrase and be played guys against the girls. The guys won 2 games to 1.  I said 2 out of 3, but Patrick thought I would have changed it if the girls won the first 2.  Would I do that? After the 'friendly' game,  we enacted team movie night.  We sat in one of our rooms and watched a movie on my computer.  A bigger screen would have been nice, but I am not complaining.  Patrick was very nice to share his stash of cashews and beef jerky.

Sunday was a good day.

We have pray meeting at 6am, I need to get some sleep.  Check the blog before you goto bed, I will try to update again in the morning.

Michael.

No comments: