Monday, September 22, 2008

Goma - Day 2

Because of the events from last night, we had to stay on the down-low today. It turns out that there was wide spread looting and the burning of a gas station believe to be owed by the warlord. All NGO'S(non government organizations) were told to stay in today for fear of more violence. People seem to be looking for someone to blame and willing to take it out on anyone. We have been told and it has been verified that many check points have be setup by the government limiting movement in the hopes of calming things down.

So todays initial plan was to begin a seminar outside Goma for pastors which was cancelled due to fighting at the end of last week. The new plan was to visit an orphanage and to see how we (PraiseWorks) can get involved. That was postponed to to the trouble last night.

So I spent the day preparing for other scheduled speaking engagements, specifically a seminar to begin on Wednesday. Camille had me go into the studio to record a message on the role of Pastors. I found it difficult to sit in front of a microphone and preach. I did it bare foot but that did not seem to help. Maybe I will give it another try tomorrow.

I am well and well taken care of.

Grace and Peace,

Michael.

2 comments:

Becky Laswell said...

Matt & I are glad to hear you're OK! (and also glad to hear that Joanna may be visiting here soon!)

I'd love to hear more about the work you're doing with the pastors there -- I've been in contact with pastors from quite a few countries this summer, though none from the DRC yet. I trust you'll find the right things to say to encourage and admonish them in your talk.

Matt said...

Praying intently for you here in Texas.