Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Farm

Today was an amazing & exhusting day. The day started with a bus ride to T.H.Q. from where we are staying in Kitabo. 20 of us in an 8 passenger bus in crazy trafic for an hour... This is how it is done here in Kinshasa. I made a few adjustments to the motorcycle we bought (they forgot to tighten the front axel,nice) scored some tiedowns, loaded the bike in the back of a 4x4, & headed out for Mato. It has been raining for days so the road was more like a river, It was very difficult driving & very difficult for me as we have someone driving us & I really wanted to drive.

Mato is amazing & beautiful. We will be gathering more supplies tommorrow & then go back out there the next day. We have many very tough jobs ahead of us. It will be extremely challenging but I have faith where God called us HE will equip & empower us. Once we get back out there we will be out of contact for approx a week so do not be concerned when we do not post.

I only have a min. so remind me to tell you about Rebeca, the girl we brought out of the bush & took to the hospital.

Please continue to pray for our health & saftey.

I gotta run, the Jungle is calling.

Peace,
Patrick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, I know you won't get this for a few days. Today is Tuesday (16th). Leslie and I continue to pray for your safety and that God would continue to use you as He sees fit. So pleased to hear about the Lord using you to help Rebecca and her baby! Pat, Kerry showed about at my parents' door for Bible study tonight. He's not in a program yet, but hopes to be by the end of the week. I talked to him about the Sally. Please pray that the Lord will place him where he needs to be. With anticipation of reading more of how the Lord is moving in Mato, C

Anonymous said...

I wrote, but I don't know if it posted. This is my second attempt: Leslie and I are praying for you and are excited to read more about he Gos is using you both for His glory. Blessings, C