Wednesday, April 23, 2008

monday 4-21 7:00 am Patrick

I forgot to write yesterday...sorry. We went to church, both Freeman & I were given an opportunity to address the congregation. I shared my testimony & delivered the message of forgiveness & grace, it was well received. We have come here on a mission to spread the gospel & instigate economic development. However after a 3 hour church service I feel like they should be sending missionaries to our country.The way they worship & praise the LORD in the midst of the plight that is life here is amazing & inspiring. After church Freeman were involved in a village meeting where we gave a Fufu machine(huge food grinder) to Mrs. Captain. This will greatly speed up a process that was being done by hand & they will be able to rent out use of the machine for a decent profit. The machine is another investment in the people of Mato from the people of Praiseworks & all of you who offered support. It was very much appreciated & will have a great effect on economic development. Later in the day Freeman & I were stoked to sit in on a 2 hour project meeting, it was actually very encouraging to see the level of organization & the vision that Abendego, Eric, & the Captian are working with. That was Sunday.

Today is Monday & it is back to the veg. farm to do some finish work on the irrigation system.(hold on a sec Mike & I are doing push ups & I gotta do a set) OK I'm back. Well our driver took off this morning to go buy a goat & still is not back (he's got priors) as soon as he shows up we will be off to work.

P.

No comments: