Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fri. April 18th, 5:40 am Patrick. Back in Mato

(all of the following was written in the bush & now we are back and posting to the blog)

We are in Mato now. we arrived yesterday. Mike & I came out in a 4x4 but the big truck w/ the pipe has not arrived yet. The road was not as bad & we took a different route ( big muddy hill climbs) it was a blast! Last night was cool, Abendego the farmer from Kenya who was hired by the SA to run this farming project shared how he was here by himself for a long time and it was very difficult for him. So he requested & was sent a companion (Eric). That reminded me of Ecclesiastes 4: 7-12 so grabbed my bible. By moonlight, around the hood of our truck, standing in the mud we tore into scripture in 3 languages & as I quite often do we ended up in Romans...it was awesome.
Last night was our first night sleeping out here in the bush, these are the toughest people I have ever met. This morning we are going to go down to the veg. farm & start digging.

Mosquitoes are gangsters.

I gotta go there is work to be done.

Late
P.

No comments: