Saturday, April 26, 2008

Prison, radio station and motorcycle

I think Patrick summed up the prison experience well, so if you haven't read his entry, make sure you do. It was a truly cool experience and Patrick did do a great job. He was translated from English to French to Swahili. They asked me to share a few words at the end, and it was very invigorating sharing with the men. Camille had been to this prison before and he commented that the inmates reaction and receptivity to the message was far better than when he had came before. The terms the men are serving range from a few months to life. Some are in prison because they could not pay their fine, as little as $10.

We accompanied Esther to the market to buy food items. And when I say market, I do not mean Stater Bros. or Whole Foods, I am talking about an outdoor market on the side of the street. It was actually a drive through, because if you pull up and roll your window down all the sellers run up to you to try to get you to buy their stuff.

We took care of the radio station computer and the station director asked Camille about getting me on the air. He wanted me to do an hour long live program every day next week. Do to our schedule, we can't make it happen, but I might record a program in the Light of Africa studio for radio air play. Camille is going to get the Passion for Souls CD played on the radio in Goma.

We went to the Youth meeting at church where I had spoke yesterday. Patrick did a good job again and then fielded some tough questions. He answered the questions thoroughly and from his heart.

We spent the evening with Camille (Esther was out) talking, and singing outside looking out at Lake Kivu. Patrick taught Camille how to ride a motorcycle, one again the Jedi master gets to use his skills.

We did not get to the orphange today but it is on the schedule after lunch tomorrow. I am preaching in the morning meeting at the Assemblies of God church when Camille and Esther go.

That's all from me for now, it's getting late and I need to finished getting prepared for tomorrow.

Grace and Peace,

Michael.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael,
I cry as I read your words and see God at work. I miss you and and my heart and soul earns to be in the Congo. Love Mary

Georgia said...

What an amazing work you two are doing! I'm in awe of God who takes two ordinary (I was going to say normal, but you know....) and do such an awesome work. Thank you both for your hearts, for your hard work, for your obedience. The blogs have been so great, it allows us to feel a small part of what you are doing. We miss you very much, and you are covered in prayer. The influence that you two are having on the people of DRC and Goma will be felt for all of eternity! I loved hearing your voices today - thanks for the call.

Georgia