Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Monday April 21 Michael

Last full day in Mato. The day started with us waiting for our driver to come back with the truck. He left early to go buy a goat for our feast tonight. The people here do not get much opportunity to eat meat and this is the longest I have gone with out meat. If I was unsure before, I am not a vegetarian. In-N-Out, thats what a hamburger is all about. Day dreaming...I am back and now hungry! With our driver still not back, we will go down to the farm after lunch to wrap up a few loose ends. So what to do...

Did I tell you that we bought a motorcycle? I have never driven one and now I have! I was taught by Jedi Master Patrick on the ways of the motocycle. As I let out on the clutch and reved the gas way to much, I was slowly off with Patrick running behind me. It reminded me of when I took Nates training wheels off his bike and I was running behind him to keep him safe. After a couple laps around the compound it was time to get out in the road. Patrick hopped in the truck and drove with our drive riding next to him. He had fun 4x4ing thought all the mud and water I went around. Once we came back, Partick jumped on the Captians motorcycle and we were off together. We ended up taking a couple rides today with the last one as dusk was approaching. Riding was fantastic! As we were riding back through the village several children were making faces at us thanks to Parteick, you know the one where he twists his ears and puffs his face out.

After lunch we went down to the farm to deal with a hole in one of the pipes, unfortunarly we could not find the hole without the water pumping. I created a fix and showed them what to do. We also discussed the placement for the water tank and what it would take to make it happen. This was the hottest day in Mato with no cloud cover. We were blessed all the other days with overcast skies which keep the sweat factor down.

The goat feast was a huge success! We all sat outside together under the moon and the lights from our truck. They made a couple of speaches thanking us for all that we did there and for the great food. Partick inturn thanked them for making us a part of their family. We need to keep praying for these people.

Tomorrow back to Kinshasa.

Grace and Peace,

Michael

No comments: